Friday, February 17, 2006

Ehhh..feeling bored :(

This sux...my roomate's outta town this week and all my friends have something to do. I spoke to my mom on the phone, then my sister, then my brother, then my cousin, and I woulda kept on goin', cept my phone died. So, I had to resort to studying on a Friday nite in NYC!!! I know...even written out, it sounds loser-like. Oh well, its all good in the hood.

****

So, the most recent developments in my life include A) me moving to NY (obviously) & B) me officially getting on "The List." What's "The List?" It's the fate of every Muslim boy & girl. It's the list of names of those wanting to get married. Yea, I know its inevitable, but it kinda freaks me out. I like being in the background, laughing at the peril of my friends and cousins. I like being designated as the "conversationalist," since I could probably get a dead person to talk. Haha, trust me, its true. :P

****

Yesterday, my mom informed me over the phone that I should be "ready" (wutever the heck that means) by my cousin's wedding in July, since all his freinds are gonna be there. So wut?! Why do you haveta prepare for this stuff? Can't you just be yourself and let fate take over? It's like, why try if there's only one soulmate for you? If he's gonna find ya, he's gonna find ya, rite?

****

I don't know...It's just another headache @ this point. I gotta focus on school..cuz dammit, law school ain't easy. So far, all I question is, Why in the jahanum did I come bak to school?! I was livin the life b4!

::Compare::

MY LIFE B4
10 am walk @ the beach

12pm lunch @ marmalade cafe :)
1pm chillin @ home on the net
3pm-9pm runnin' my private tutoring gig
10 pm CSI baby!
11pm sleepin away

LAW SCHOOL:
9 am study
12 pm study & eat somethng like food
1 pm study
4pm-10pm class/school
11pm study, chat & blog (yaay)
2/3 am sleep.
****

Yes..I know that the ends to each are vastly different and that's what keeps me motivated. My desire to help Muslim women is very strong alhumdulillah and insha'Allah, I have faith that Allah {swt} will help me through the difficulties.

ok, ima go watch a lame indian movie now cuz i got nuthng else to do & cuz it'll probably put me to sleep.

wasalaam.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

re. "the list," the first thing I thought of:

FRESH MEATTT!!!!!!

Welcome to the slaughterhouse, babe. Go ahead and hang yourself up on one of those meat hooks, as they rotate around the room. USDA inspectors will be in shortly to inspect all new arrivals. Try not to let their constant poking, prodding, and incredibly discomforting GAWKING unnerve you. Be prepared: Inspectors may expect complete disclosure of fresh meat's history, including birth farm, breed, weight, age, and possibly medical history. Good Luck and God Speed.

February 20, 2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

sambam: LOL>.omg i couldnt stop laughing for like 5 mins, seriously! well...wutever..i know u've got my bak rite? riiite?!!

February 20, 2006 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home