Thursday, March 09, 2006

aRgh!

Omg...outsourcing = major headache! I called hp technical support for help and this is what went down:

HP Woman (w/ a bad indian accent): Hi, how may i halp you, my name is Clemency (indian ppl w/ wierd white names...wth?!)

Me: Hi, my battery pack died and now i can't charge my laptop which is also dead now...so i wanted to get another one.

Clemency: ok, i'll need your serial number.

Me: mmmm, ok it got rubbed off, so i can't see it

Clemency: its the "S slash N" number, starting w/ a "CN."

Me: its rubbed off, so i can't make it out.

Clemency: Ok, if you gave me the S/N number, found under the barcode, i can help you.

Me: Look! its rubbed off, i c-a-n-t make it outtttttt.

Clemency: ok, turn on ur laptop and press ctr-alt-s to find out.

Me: Remeber my batterys dead so i can't turn it on.

Clemency: Look ma'm I just need the s/n number.

Me: dekhiya auntie....urdu me....muje nazar nahin ara!

Clemency: Oh ok, But ma'm please call us back w/ the Serial number. Try using a magnifying glass or look closely w/ a light.

click.

:::arghhhhhhhh:::

10 min's later i called again and got a white dude, and now my battery pack's on its way...yaay.

wasalaam :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Hanna said...

Lol, that's SO typical!! It's like when I call 'National Rail Helpline' and get through to India.. I'm like, HELLOOO, I wanna get to Manchester NOT Manchestani!

March 09, 2006 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's awesome!! I love to correct their english and let them know that the American slang that they have practiced so hard to perfect is from 1972. I feel better in the end if I know that I was able to annoy them as much as they annoyed me :)

March 09, 2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Zahera: :P

hanna: I know seriously...its soo annoying! Hey Hanna...did ya do somethng w/ ur blog, cuz i can't seem to open it...?

March 09, 2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAAHAHAHA so hilarious! I can't believe you were forced to break out the urdu.

March 09, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

HK: hahaha ur evil! hehe..but i know wutcha mean..its like the names too..where in the jahanum do u get names like clemency & nigel?

zahera: haha dude thats great..i wanted to ask her wut her real name was. I mean i'm sure she can tell that we're desi when we give our names...but they'll refuse to answer back in hindi/urdu..rite?

Samaniac: Sammmmmmm! yea i had to, she was like a broken record! LOL

March 09, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Reza said...

LoL>.. Classic!

March 09, 2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Reza said...

Btw I always speak Urdu when the call connects to India for tech support. Lol> its hilarious when they still want to talk in English and Im talking iN urdu and I know they can understand me.

March 09, 2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

reza: lol...thats wut ima do next time. when i got home tho, my mom told me that my dad got so annoyed w/ this one lady (it had to do w/ my laptop again) that he was like, wuts your name? its not Nancy..it can't be w/ a bad accent like that! and after a beat she goes, its reshma..asalaamwalaikum i'm muslim..LOL dude i'd have died laughing.

March 10, 2006 2:44 AM  
Blogger Malkin said...

I love it how we all scrounge the Internet for the cheapest friggin laptop we can find and then bitch when we get India for tech support. . .

Don't worry, I do it too :-)

March 11, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

hey hey..marky mark..u get india no matter wut..even if u paid full price! :P

March 11, 2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home