Saturday, March 18, 2006

Embarrassing moment numero uno...

*~Salaam~*

Alrighty, so those of you who don't know me probably don't know that i'm like the worlds biggest clutz @ times and all those things you wish didn't happen to you, probably happened to me. LOL..sadly its true. Yea, I was the one who tripped down the stairs in front of 300+ people @ my 8th grade graduation among other horrendous incidents I don't really wanna relive ::LOL:: Still, I think being able to laugh at ones self is healthy and embarrassing moments kinda keep ya in check. Have you ever noticed that the most mortifying moments usually happen when ur trying to look all fly? Its like Allah {swt's} way of telling you to come back to reality...So, hence my embarrassing moment on the way to jummah prayer yesterday kinda came that way.

****

Jummah prayer begins @ 1:30 pm and although i'm usually early, I was kind of running late, so i didn't really have time to have breakfast or lunch, for that matter. I just grabbed a Balance Bar and bought a coffee from the Arab dude's food cart and rushed down to the subway station. The train, thank god, was just pulling up, so I entered and although there were some empty seats, I didn't sit. I usually don't like to sit cuz the seats are pretty nasty and I didn't want my white coat to get dirty, so I just decided to stand, holding precariously to this metal bar with one hand, because I still held the coffee cup in my other one. So, I was wearing my 3 inch wedge shoes, my new white coat and I dont know was just kinda dressed up, cuz thats how i usually roll. lol

****

After a second, I noticed this really cute GQ- ish desi guy enter the train and stand right across from me. As the train pulled away from the station, I went to switch hands cuz I wanted to turn the volume on my iPod up and in the process, the coffee cup somehow slipped from my hand and fell onto this girl sitting down on one of the seats next to where I was standing. I instinctively said "Sorry!" but it came out more like a yell, since I had just turned up the volume on my my iPod. The trains are usually pretty quiet and so I just succeeded in bringing all this attention to myself (and, yes, even the hot desi guy's)....sadly its not over just yet...

****

The good thing was that my coffee cup was pretty much empty, save for a coupla sips, so somehow the girl didn't get much on her. However, I was also holding some napkins, so I bent down to help her, and once again the train jerked, unbalancing me, and the fact that I was wearing those 3 inch wedges didn't help. Now, I was basically on my knees on the floor of the cab, mortified! I handed the chick the napkins, who was laughing at that point, bechari she was nice though and I ungracefully as hell got up and sat down in the closest empty seat, which unfortunately happened to face the hot, desi guy. God, from that point I still had about 4 stops to go, the 4 most agonizing ones ever! My face was burning w/ embarrassment the entire time! Of course the guy was across from me until my stop came and I exited that cab like there was no tommorrow. ::sigh:: I laughed about it with my friends later...and still think its funny...but man, not when it was happening, for sure.


*****

ahh well....wut I learned from this 'lil incident...Don't be too vain to sit down next time!!!

Wasalaam :)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jizzack ass...but normal for you

March 18, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger Malkin said...

nice madiha. nice.

I think it was all a ploy to get desi guy to look at you.

March 18, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Reza said...

aww Madiha :D. Happens Man happens.. More power to you. Sorry it didnt really work out with the Hot Desi guy lol :P/.

March 19, 2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Nabby: haha yea rite.wutever...ur the one who dropped an entire plate of food on a man @ that retreat and started making convo w/ that guy who was praying..LOL :P

malkin: no way..i wouldn't stoop to personal embarrassment! lol if i were that guy i'd be like wut a freak!

reza: haha thanx..yea well i didnt really wanna see him after that neways! LOL

March 19, 2006 12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUCY!!!!!hahaha...you can never get away from the name:)

March 19, 2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

#1mnm: thnx, aren't twins supposed 2 have some kinda bond? like feel the others pain...sheesh lol :P

Zeddy! haha ur rite...and i was carrying a large purse/bag @ the time as well, so it was all working against me. And no, not a ploy! really! lol :)

wasalaam!

March 19, 2006 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahaha

such a wicked act to drop hot coffee on that girl :p good going! lol

March 19, 2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

brotherhood: haha i like when u brits say wicked! hehe "wicked!" thats so wicked, i'm going to the wicked park, thats a wicked hat, i could go on forever. lol :P

March 19, 2006 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in this case, i meant 'wicked' as in evil LOL

March 20, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Brotherhood: LMAO.. ::sigh:: i thnk law schools messing w/my brain...

March 20, 2006 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaahahahhah...

and the LUCY moniker lives on...

March 21, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

sambam: LOL i know! god! i can never escape that..

March 21, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Iboo LaL said...

hilarious

i usually am able to play off my clutts moments, but that seems impossible to cool yourself through. Its in our blood!

March 22, 2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

iboo lal: haha pshh i thnk so..blame it on genetics man!

March 22, 2006 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home