Thursday, March 30, 2006

Marraige Advice.


*~Salaam~*

I guess when you're single and ok, yea, looking, I've noticed that people tend to give you marraige advice whether you ask for it or not. Its like, hello? do I have "Hi, I'm single & ALL I think 'bout is finding my husband" written across my forehead!?! Well, 95% of the time isn't ALWAYS! Just kidding {i.e. the 95%}!!! ::lol::


****

So, yesterday, I got advice from someone kind of random, one of my Muslim Professors. His advice on finding a man...

"You have to learn to prioritize! You have make sure you are going for your best chances. Its like, when you have a chance to meet a hand full of guys versus meeting just one or two, you need to go with your best option," and he went on,
"trust me! I studied this. How do you think I found my wife? I would make sure to be at the best place for me! So, don't forget!"

****

And...after that lil shpeal he went on to encourage me to attend the National Association of Muslim Lawyers- National Muslim Law Student Association (
NAML-NMLSA ) Conference this weekend in D.C. LOL Ummm.. I was just gonna go for the lectures...really! :P

wasalaam,

Madiha


p.s. btw..i'm not going. Although I did tell him to keep a look out for me ;) ...B/c I was also advised (by someone else), make a whole lotta connections! hehe...


p.s.s.... I don't mind all that much. I mean, Alhumdulillah, in the end, these people are just looking out for us! Its actually kinda endearing! :)

13 Comments:

Blogger Hanna said...

lol... I know what u mean.. some muslim guy was trying to tell me the benefits of marriage and how it's fitna to remain single.. i barely know him. I looked him straight in the eye and was like "are you indirectly proposing to me?" hehehe.

March 30, 2006 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Your blog is very nice.
Thanks
Good Luck

March 30, 2006 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha 95% !!!
you mean 99% :p

March 30, 2006 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember: the turtle always wins the race ;)

March 31, 2006 1:39 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Zahera: i feel the same way! lol..btw..ur 21! u getting married?! lol

Hanna: ur response was awesome! wutd he say?! lol

Mohamad: :P

brotherhood: haha..dammit, am i that transparent? j/k j/k lol

#1mnm: LMAO!!!!!!!

March 31, 2006 1:52 AM  
Blogger Zaynab Dismantled said...

Rock on singleness. We cool baby ;)

March 31, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Malkin said...

and then there's us single white boys . . . always (ok, 95% of the time) freakin about getting a damn date, let alone gettin married! :-)

April 01, 2006 1:20 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

zaynab: yea, thass rite! the others are just jealous! lol :P

mlakin: lol..thats soo true!

April 01, 2006 2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marriage eh? i'm more worried about getting into a phd program than getting married. i totally agree with you. it's sad that our culture thinks that there is something wrong with a girl who's #1 priority in life isn't landing a rich good looking boy...

btw...so sorry i've been MIA. i'm in the library writing a paper but promise that we WILL get together this week to catch up---miss you!

April 01, 2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

J!!! Salaam...I know...#29 find a husband LOL... and i'm glad we got to get some coffee today :P

and..omg & it was him in DC!!!! LOL...well maybe he's changed ::shrug::

April 01, 2006 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what did you think of the conference?
- if you went

April 03, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

ayan: hey wuts up!? mmm i didnt go unfortunately! but i spoke to a couple of ppl who said it was good..but i'll hear more bout it soon i'm sure...i'll let u know wut the best/worst parts were! :)

April 03, 2006 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture...tiffany's diamonds :0)

April 04, 2006 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home