Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Double Mint #1


~*Salaam*~

So, I think i'm getting sick. :( I have a sore throat and the funny thing is, so does my sister. Sometimes, if I have a bagel & lox for lunch, she'll have one for lunch that day too. If I see a pair of boots I want to buy, my sister ends up buying those exact ones. If I order a green tea latte at starbucks, something I rarely do, guess what she'll be having that day? Yup, a green tea latte. I could go on and on cuz this happens all the time. We periodically buy similar things without any knowledge of the other having done so. And, ironically, my sister's about 3,000 miles away in California (while i'm in New York).

****

So how & why does this phenomenon take place?! Easy. It's the wierd & special bond identical twins share...Yup, alhumdulillah my sister and I are identical twins. Which, by the way, is another change I've had to cope with since moving to NY, living away from my twin. We have never been away from each other before this. And when I say never, I mean never ever. I remember one day back in elementary school, my sister stayed home sick while I went to school. After I got back home, we hugged like we'd been apart for years rather than just a few hours and we didn't leave each other's company the entire day. Even back then, we were best friends and alhumdulillah, that friendship has lasted still and iA I pray that this remains so for life.

****

You'd be surprised to know that some twins hate each other's guts, no joke. I've actually met some like that. How could you hate or be jealous of someone you spent 9 months with in the womb? I think being a twin's really cool! I mean yea you sometimes coming off being schizo when you refer to yourself in the "we," as in "we always go to South Coast" and the only person there with you is you. It's so funny when people give you an odd look and slowly back away, cuz then you realize, "Duh! Like they know you have twin dummy!" lol...But the best part is doing all the fun twin stuff, and trust me, we did a lot of it! Like switching places in high school & taking exams for each other, thank god my twin loves math, I think she saved my life! ::lol:: Could any normal siblings do that? no way?! :P

****

wasalaam,

Madiha

9 Comments:

Blogger neuroticnoon said...

aww thats so sweet.
My cousin had triplets a couple of years ago and its really interesting seeing how they grow and how their interaction between one another changes.
She has two boys who are identical and a girl.

I remember seeing them grow and the two boys would side with one another and my poor neice all on her own but when i saw them recently i realised how much they had changed, they've grown to help one another out and are often working together.

anyway i'll stop waffling, inshallah the bond you two have will never be broken.

ws

April 06, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Hanna said...

that's so cooool.. I've always had a fixation of twins, esp since SVH hit the shelves in the UK.. you're so lucky mashallah!

April 06, 2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger Iboo LaL said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 06, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Saadz said...

awwwww I always wished I had a sister and especially a twin after reading like 3 billion sweet valley twins books. mashaAllah that is soo special :)

April 06, 2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

neuroticnoon: Salaam! aww its so cool that ur cousin has triplets mA! i wonder how it is for the girl tho..poor thngs outnumbered! lol but she'll be a tough one iA, i'm sure! :P

Hanna: I totally luvd SVH and SVU, the college days too! :)

Iboo lal: haha i dont knw bout hating urself, b/c we do have diff personalitites, but if u call the other ugly, well now, thats another story LOL :P

Saadz: Thanxx! the SVH twins rock! lol:P

April 07, 2006 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop being sick and have medicine! :P

April 07, 2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

brotherhood: i did..but its not working :( I thnk i need some apple fizzle lace thingys!

Z: of course i missed u!!! yea i still like to read "lark" (Lol) like that sometimes! its brainless and thats wuts so fun bout it...hope to talk to u soon! xoxo..:P

April 09, 2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you

April 10, 2006 1:32 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

#1mnm: i luv u too! :P

April 10, 2006 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home