Thursday, June 01, 2006

Time to Breathe....

~Asalam'alaykum~

Jummah Mubarak,

Omg, finally, there's some time to breathe. It doesn't really feel like a vacation yet because i've been so busy with all the shaadi hoopla. Alhumdulillah it all went well though!

So, of course I have some drama to talk about becuase how can there be a shaadi post without drama! Firstly, I can't believe how mean and ignorant people can be! :O

This past Friday was the mehndi and although it was women only....the boys' mamas were out to play. haha... So, one aunty approached my mom bout me and my sis (yea, don't ask why we were both included in her convo bout her son). Oh, btw her son was like hot (6'2 and wut not).... Anywho, she's like, " Out of all the girls here, I really like your daughters. They "click" for me, but I think that you should send em to the gym a little." WTH!?! *SHOCK*

Unless she wants someone on the verge of anorexia, I don't haveta lose weight...like that's not me speaking, that's like all the other aunties @ the party and the doctor speaking! Alhumdulillah I don't care if she made a comment towards me like that, but I mean, what prompts people to be so honest or confer they're unwanted opinion to others? She could have totally kept all this to herself. It wasn't even like there was some formal rishta and she had to say no for some reason. I mean even if that was the case, that this was some formal rishta thing, I'd still make up something else about why I wasn't going with the guy. I mean anything to avoid the whole appearance thing. Later I found out that the aunty was from the groom's side and that her son was this really nice guy. The next day at the shaadi, she told me salaam and I had to be at the food table when she saw me too! I just took an extra kabab and moved on..pshh wutever. lol I shoulda taken my cousin's Iboo's advice, eat like mad in front of her, then ask her if she's gonna finish her food! lol...

****

Well, that was that. On Tuesday, I went to spend a couple of days with my friend who lives in Westwood, which is like where ya wanna be in Los Angeles. For those of you unfamiliar, Westwood is the city nextdoor to Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. It's like Ferrari's and Bentley Phantoms by the handful! I finally got to do some shopping though. Although I went down Rodeo Drive, I didn't get to buy much, cuz I've been sorta jobless lately. So next plan, get some money iA. Which entails getting a job *groan*

*****

More later...wasalaam :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just the way desi women's words are: ignorant.

June 02, 2006 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha time for u to marry :p

June 02, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Iboo LaL said...

you str8 up shoulda grabbed a kabbob of her plate with your fork and just stuck it in your mouth.

I guess the thugg gene was recessive in your pops.

June 03, 2006 12:46 AM  
Blogger Iboo LaL said...

I never believed how mean women were to each other until my sister, her friends, and my cuzzins started telling me stories like this and it made me understand why sisters are so skeptical about meeting new sisters. Its cuz of gay stuff like this that they go through.

June 03, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

zahera: lol i know..i was really tempted to follow it too.especially cuz i saw her @ the food table!

Moumita: Hey girl!!! yea ur rite, they can be so annoying.

Brotherhood: mmmm ur older..so ur first! :P

Iboo: haha ye, we can't all be thugs homie!

zahera: no no..let him keep going. he's on a roll..lol

iboo: yea totally..its a war out there don't u know?! lol U boys are so oblivious.

June 04, 2006 3:55 AM  
Blogger Hanna said...

what a great post!! thanks for that truly entertaining read, sis.. lol.. not that I'm laughing at your expense.. Asians are like that man, totally brutal, constantly voicing their unwanted opinions. I mean, I went to a wedding once with my cousin, a(who's dark skinned and on the heavy side) and we went to the toilets to reapply our makeup.. when an aunty burst in, took one look at her and went "you're so black and fat - why waste your time with makeup??" my cousin was in tears, and I was gobsmacked.. for a few seconds before my big mouth syndrome kicked in and i was like "i think you should me more concerned about your daughter - she's busting out of her saree and i just saw her disappear with a plate of laddoos..."

but yeah. that's asians for you!!!! but u took it all in your stride girl, so i totally rate you for that! :)

June 04, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

hanna: lol.thanks! God, I can't beleive that woman said those hateful words! :O

Man i woulda like cussed her out or sumthing...well even tho i dont, but it sure woulda made me! lol

ws..madiha :)

June 05, 2006 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home