Friday, September 22, 2006

Buddha Bar

*~ Asalam'alaykum wr wb*~

Good news! Someone turned in my wallet so Alhumdulillah i've got it back without anything missing. Still, since I'd cancelled my credit cards, I have to wait for them, which pretty much sucks.

****

Anways....

Last night I went out to one of the most awesome restaurants in NYC, the Buddah Bar. It is totally a classic New York trendy, hip scene. Once you walk into the restaurant it's a whole other world, kind of reminded me of an amusement park ride at Universal Studios. The restaurant has this sleek, sexy, and mysterious feel. There's an arched hallway entering the restaurant with gold oriental statues arches along the sides and the atomosphere is dark with deep colors of red and gold all around. At the back of the restaurant is a huge buddha, surrounded by water and the lounge area is fill with asian brocade inspired beds with hundreds of candles. Not only is ambiance fun, they also had one of the trendiest Indian deejay's as a resident playing Bollywood music, some Alabina, Nancy and Hakim along with hip hop.

****

There were about 15 of us there for a friend's birthday. Our table was on a platformed "stage" that simulated a boat on water and from our table we had a view of the water and koi fish swimming below. We ordered sushi as appetizers along with chicken samosa's and tuna tartar ( which I like loved!). For dinner we had an array of fusion style Chinese, Thai and American food ranging from fried rice, shrimp rice, grilled vegetables and ribs (which of course I skipped out on). Then we ordered an assortment of deserts. I got to try the chocolate cake with green tea ice cream (sooo good!) and the creme brule. There were a few other deserts, but I was way to full by then to try them.

****

Another sort of extra about the restaurant was the patronage and *ahem* eye candy. I've never seen so many good looking people in one place! And especially Middle Easterners! lol Sadly though, I can't say much about their "muslimness" since most had drinks in hand, well unless it was water and i was mistaken..but nowadays I highty doubt I was mistaken. At least it's an easy way to nix out the ones that just dont cut it. lol I must say that overall the night was a lot of fun and i'm definitely gonna hit up the Buddha Bar again :p


wasalaam,

Madiha :)


chk it out @ http://www.buddhabarnyc.com/

8 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed said...

Sounds like an interesting place....I'll have to go check it out sometimes.

Congrats about getting the wallet back.

September 22, 2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaam & jummah & ramadan mubarak :D please keep me in your duas, jazakallah :)

September 22, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Muslim Freedom said...

Middle Easterners have become the most materialistic and ignorant people in the world who want to satisfy their stomach, while the desi's have become the most arrogant and close minded people in the world.

September 22, 2006 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you really have to write this entry for me to read on the first morning of Ramadan?

new rule: no one can talk about food in their blogs until eid.



p.s. Muslim Freedom, it's Ramadan..chill out..think happy thoughts :)

September 23, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

ahmed: salaams...ur live near the city? if yes, then u should defintely hit it up. I mean i went on a wed nite and it was packed! :O Jazakallah for the wallet wishes..yaay! lol

b'hood: u too homie and of course. i'll pray for u to gimme all ur money from eid! muahaha (6)

muslim freedom: lol ziad, are u in the mood to argue? is that it? lets se... yes and not to both ur comments. I think that all of society is on the path you've suggested...fact of life homeslice..but iA Ramadan will give some of us good perspective and iA it will strengthen our imaan :)

hk: LOL sorrrryyyyy haha and i agree w/ ur advice to mr. muslim freedom :P Listen to the woman Ziad, she's a doctor! :p

wasalaam everyone :)

madiha

September 23, 2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger Muslim Freedom said...

I'll never calm down, until I'm dead and in my grave.
Everytime I say something like "the sky is blue", someone has to correct me and say, "no! the sky is blue!"
Yes maybe society in general is how I described it to be above.

But as a Muslim you think that maybe Islam brought something out of these people, or improved their social skills.
Instead I find myself hating other Muslims because of their arrogance and inconsideration.
Why must they always be right?
Why won't they swallow their pride?

I always apologise when I know I'm wrong, but there are so many people out there that won't because its not in their vocabulary.
Listen maybe I'm drifting off and trying to vent out some of my anger here.
I'm not angry at anybody here in particular, I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.

September 24, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

muslim freedom: i dont think u should have to apologize for your opinions unless they're hurtful. I do agree w/ wut ur saying, but i felt it applied to society as a whole too. Yes, ur rite that "muslims' have become materialistic etc... and i just wanted to elaborate on ur opinion above.

salaams,

madiha

p.s. something interesting i learned today @ an islamic lecture, the Prophet Rasulallah said that a muslim of good character is one that is always smiling and positive. SubhanAllah it is difficult to be positive nowadays w/ all thats going on, but iA we have to be. The tribulations of the muslim world today are seriously menial compared to what we have faced in the past. Just looking @ history we can see this! So iA Islam will prevail and our job is to stay positive but practical @ the same time.

September 24, 2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger Ahmed said...

wsalaam, I'm in brooklyn heights, its like the 2nd subway stop out so pretty close. yeah, i'll recommend it to my friends and hopefully try it out sometime. :)

September 24, 2006 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home