Tuesday, June 27, 2006

::Payce::

*¸¸. *~ Asalam'alaykum~*


****
Today, while I was at the Indian grocery store buying some stuff for my mom, I saw a Hindu Monk. It's just kinda odd to see a monk in the middle of an urban city, especially a monk decked out in all his "gear." Images of peace, serentiy, and aesthetic living usually come to mind when one pictures a monk and that's why seeing one in LA was a little wierd.

****
I must say that even though I don't hold the same beliefs as the Monk, its hard not to admire his courage in wearing traditional clothing so openly. I know from previous readings and theology classes that Monks are souls that follow the path of the traditional Hindu monastic, and are vowed to poverty, humility, obedience and purity, among other things. Well, after paying for my groceries, I walked out to the parking lot to my car and noticed the Monk follow me out. As I started my car, I noticed him get into his car...

First shocker, Monk in LA;

Second shocker, Monk driving a car;

Third shocker, Monk driving a Lexus SUV!!! Worrd!

****
Uhh...what were monks supposed to be doing again? In case you'd forgotten: living lives of poverty & humility. LOL...people are definitely not what you expect them to be.

* *.¸.*´ ¸.•´¸.• *¨) ¸. •*¨)
~ wasalaam~
(¸.•´ (¸.•.•´¸¸.* **¸¸.*

13 Comments:

Blogger That Mash Guy said...

I thought you were in NYC?

Monks are cool. But never get on their wrong side or they'll set the homicidal monkeys on you.

Monk-Monkey... its a symbiotic relationship... beware.

June 27, 2006 8:04 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Mash: Originally from LA, in NYC for school, home for the summer now. LOL...mmm i think someone needs to ease up on the "puff puff pass" But thanks for the warning! :P

June 27, 2006 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why the hell are all of these people from England?

June 27, 2006 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lollololololl at all three comments. :-D

very true peoplz aint wut u think they iz.. Word.

peace

June 27, 2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Hey! Not all monks are perfect okay! Sheesh. hehe :)

June 27, 2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 27, 2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

anonymous: haha..ionkno? I guess i just like them Brits!

anonymous: LOL yup :P

asmaa: Hey Asalam'alaykum chica! Haven't seen ya in a few...ok ok i guess i shouldnt discriminate!

June 27, 2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude i dont like britishers...lobster backs.

June 28, 2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

doobie: yea yea..ur just jealous :O

June 28, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

z: haha, I dont konw if its ahmed! I actually have no idea who it is. I thought it was nabeel, but nope, he said it wasn't. *shrug*

Anon, speak up!

June 29, 2006 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS ANON:

Anonymous said...
lollololololl at all three comments. :-D

very true peoplz aint wut u think they iz.. Word.

peace

IS NOT AHMED..ITS ME..MADIHA KNOWS THOUGH. But she cannot say :)

June 30, 2006 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaamaleykum.
LOL...well..modern day monks are weird.
PS; hav u heard of the series 'monk'?

June 30, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Anon: lol, starting trouble like always! :P

Z: lol..its not actually! Ahmeds given up on commenting on blogs! :O Thats shocking, cuz i luv to rile HIM up! muhahaha

afzal: walaikumasalam! haha yea i'v heard of it...but never seen it. I've heard its really popular tho.

June 30, 2006 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home