Thursday, July 06, 2006

Journey...

~*Asalam'alaykum*~

I'm flying out to Maryland Thursday morning for shaadi # 3 inshAllah :) This time its my cousin on my mom's side, the first one of us too! That means one down and all attention on me and my sister next ::eek:: iA i'm gone for only 4 days and will be back Monday night. Until then be nice guys. hehe :)


Anyways, I came across this really nice post on a journey that I felt was very befitting....

Amongst all the running around, preparing for my journey, I managed to find a
long overdue spare minute and naturally, I began to think…A journey requires so
much preparation in order for it to go smoothly, it also takes much out of you
physically and mentally...

The time we take preparing for the journeys of the dunya outweigh the time
we take preparing for the ultimate journey of the akhira...How much time
do we dedicate to preparing for this most important journey of all; the journey
of the hereafter, the journey that determines our fate as to whether we
abide in jannah or the fire of hell?

This dunya is a temporary moment; it will disappear into an insignificant
memory of the past when we stand before our Lord Allah Ta'ala. Our deeds
will be laid out in front of us and we will have to answer, there will be no going
back. The thought of standing in front of Allah Ta'ala with so many sins to account
for cannot even be comprehended... How ungrateful are we that despite the
many blessings that Allah Ta'ala has bestowed upon us we repeatedly sin, and
each time we are forgiven by Allah Ta'ala. He covers our faults and gives us numerous
opportunities to repent in our lives and to seek forgiveness from Him ...yet we
do not hesitate to commit that sin again...a beautiful dua that brings tears to
the eyes is as follows and can be found in Prayers for Forgiveness By Hasan
Basri (Translated by Mufti Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf):

“O Allah, I seek Your forgiveness for every sin that my body empowered by the
good health that You had granted, was able to commit; every sin that came within
the reaches of my power only due to the grace of Your bounties; every sin to which
my hand, nourished by Your ample sustenance, extended. And while sinning, I hid myself behind Your veil from the people; and when fearing You, while engrossed in my sin,
I relied on Your assurance of safety and forgiveness; and I took refuge in You,
with Your clemency, not to smite me, and I depended on You, with Your noble countenance
and pardon, to forgive me.”

Ameen

Subhanallah…

Now tell me, how will we be able to stand in front of Our Rabb Allah Ta’ala with the sins that we committed knowingly, that we committed on purpose, that we committed, knowing that Allah Ta’ala would forgive us? A very unfinished ending, but I leave you and myself with the
following to ponder over...

Seek forgiveness, before it’s too late…repent…. before it’s too late

Wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

**Excerpt from bloggers Veiled Knight, Mujahidah an-nafs, & Aaliyah @ http://mujahidah-an-nafs.blogspot.com/

7 Comments:

Blogger Veiled Knight said...

salaam

:) Masha'Allah Sister Mujahidah an nafs wrote that post
Always good stuff, masha'Allah

Wasalam

July 06, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger * said...

Ameen.Top stuff.

July 06, 2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

z: yea it totally gives u something to think bout.

sambam: yup :)

veiled knight: i know! it was so nice mA :)

Khadiijah: ameen :)

July 06, 2006 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post.. i liked it :)

July 08, 2006 7:05 PM  
Blogger Hanna said...

thanks for the lovely post sis.. and have a lovely time!!! Catch ya when u get back.xx.

July 08, 2006 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need your help, please visit my blog

July 10, 2006 4:33 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

brotherhood: thanks :)

Hanna: no problem...i'm back!

Z: lol...sorryyyyyyy..i'm home now aH so no more life.

neverland: hey babe..of course! i'm sorry i didnt reply sooner, I was travelling. I can't get to your blog though for some reason. Email me okay?

~ wasalaam ~

July 11, 2006 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home