Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shahadah

~ Asalam'alaykum wr wb ~

I haven't been posting because, as some of you may already know, my computer has been away for repairs. Its hard to blog when you're using someone elses computer and I kinda feel like i'm imposing. Since its sahoor time right now and my roomate has decided to go back to sleep, I can blog a little iA....

****

This past weekend I was able to see a young girl of about 20 years give the Shahadah. SubhanAllah it was one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen :D I always just remember them announcing at Jummah that someone had taken the shahadah and that there were sweets outside, but i'd never really witnessed or even participated so intimately with the whole process. At about 4:00 am Saturday morning, my friends and I went out to Cozy's, this cute diner, for sahoor and then made our way to the Islamic Center after Fajar with flowers. We were surprised to see that the girl was so young! And on top of that, she'd learned all about Islam and even some Surah's on her own by reading transliterations! This really made my Ramadan mashAllah :)

Goes to show how beautiful Islam is and how much we take for granted when we're just born Muslim. iA may Allah {swt} bless her and give us tawfiqh as well. (ameen)

wasalaam,

Madiha :)

{p.s. ok i hate ta use black font..but it wont let me do my colored fonts :( So, this'll be a rare sighting! lol}

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha i just noticed you use a different font colour each time! what a dork LOL LOL jk :p

but back on topic, subhanallah.. its awesome to hear/see someone give the Shahada

October 03, 2006 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha now that i notice it, she has every colour of the spectrum apart from brown and white :p

i can see the racism there :p

October 03, 2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Sofi said...

a wonderful, delightful, story. thanks for sharing!

October 03, 2006 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salamualaykum

MashaAllah, may Allah keep her and us on The Straight Path inshaAllah.

yes the black is indeed avery rare siting...not cool :(..i liek the funkyness ...:)

duas man.

wasalamualaykum
-resident anony.

October 04, 2006 12:48 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

zee! :) ameen to ur dua! and yea u shoulda seen the girl. she was so awed by even the fact that we showed up @ 6:30 am on a saturday w/ gifts for a girl we didnt even know! I mean aH i'm so glad i went now :) b/c it meant so much to her :)

b'hood! yea its very awesome! lol and i like my rainbow spectrum u bully! it makes my blog more fun to read i think. lol

zee: I heart dorks :p

b'hood: browns not a nice 'font' color, looks so blah...and i'd totally use white if i could...:p lol

ek anjaan ladki: Thanks so much :)

anony: walaikumasalam & ameen..thanks for YOUR love anony...the others are just so mean :p lol @ least someone appreciates my color schemes!

wasalaam :)

~ madiha ~

October 04, 2006 1:36 AM  
Blogger Hanna said...

ohhh.. I commented yesterday but it's not here!!! Well basically, I was saying that stuff like that really makes me feel happiness in the centre of my being, you know? And I think it's so sweet that you guys went to see her at fajr with flowers. Mashallah!! Ameen to the du'aa as well. You're right about taking Islam for granted.

October 04, 2006 5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she single?

October 04, 2006 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so wrong...

October 04, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

hanna: salaams :) i hate when the thing doesnt work, especially after i write like an essay! lol yea we were pretty sleepy, but in the end i'm glad we made her more comfortable.

mash: haha more like jail bait! lol

anony: LMAO! :p

October 04, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger That Mash Guy said...

Anony: What? -_-

Madiha.. 20 is not jailbait. What ethnicity was she? Converts are usually really good Muslims right? that's the only reason I asked lol

Seriously though... SubhanAllah, I would love to meet someone going through it all, to see their journey towards Islam. I've known a few converts during my uni days but always after they had converted. Unfortunately I don't think I set such a great example that anyone is gonna follow cos of me ... shame innit

October 05, 2006 4:33 AM  
Blogger Hanna said...

well mash, I advise you to hang around the masjid and befriend a MALE convert to do your little learning experience thing on, okay??

October 05, 2006 6:34 AM  
Blogger Bilal said...

Slmz

Really wonderful story!
Makes us think of how we usually neglect this beauty and wonder that has always been with us..
May Allah grant us the ability to truly appreciate*

Tc,Wslm
Bilal

October 05, 2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

Mash: salaams lol...she's a black muslim girl and pshh she's prbly not even 20 i'd say..maybe even only 18/19 actually...so yea. lol and yea i have a lot of respect for converts too since they're usually more 'into' islam than we are and its kinda embarrassing @ time when they have better arabic or something.

hanna: LOL yea i agree w/ you here! Mash, get some Male convertfriends homie :p

bilal: hey walaikumasalam! thanks and ameen :)

wasalaam everyone!

Madiha :)

October 05, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger That Mash Guy said...

why do u guys take me so seriously!

October 05, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger MnM310 said...

hahaha cuz ur fun to bug mash! lol and i love ur lil ogling story on hanna's blog...ur very first comment on this post kinda proves ur thinking of ogling via blogs too, huh mash? lol j/p homie! :p

~ m ~

October 05, 2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home